ONLINE FRAUD PREVENTION:
As an e-commerce merchant, there should be some preparation for things like funding, stocks, products, etc. But at the same time. Precaution for the expenses like lost products, shipping charges, chargeback fees, and the probable loss of the merchant merchant’s reputation also contribute to the cost of fraud. The latter could possibly be more damaging.
Possible points where fraud could be prevented:
- Predictive Analysis: There is a vast use of data nowadays. Which can be used to detect fraud patterns to determine future probabilities and trends. Although predictive analytics won’t reveal what type of fraud is about to take place. It will certainly point to the possibility of fraud.
- Experienced Fraud Analysts: Customer care and a team of fraud analysts can be a ticket to the reduction and prevention of fraud. Fraud analysts play a critical role in a fraud detection solution, seeing behind the scenes.
- Customer Care and Support: Customer care and support play an important role as they are in direct contact with the customer and can detect the possible reasons for fraud.
- Monitor Transactions and Reconcile Bank Accounts Daily: You must know about your biggest spenders and their buying patterns. Monitor your accounts and transactions for red flags like inconsistent billing and shipping information. As well as the physical location of your customers. Use tools to track customer IP addresses and alert you to any addresses from countries known as a base for fraudsters.
By putting the right tools and processes in place, you can reduce the chances of fraud.
Email us anytime!
Email customer service 24/7
Call us anytime!
Reach customer care 24/7 at +1 (727) 330-3944
With businesses looking to reduce fraud and keep up with emerging trends in fraud methods. New ways of detecting and preventing fraud are being developed. One of these is the Behavioral Analysis.
Behavioral Analysis relies on something, which is inherent in a user: how they behave. What a user does may be a better indicator than who say they are. This question is mostly challenged by authentication.
This is analyzed by shopping habits; our shopping habits reveal our unique behavior. For example; how you shop, what is the monthly spending budget of your spending, etc.
- Gateway for High Risk (Tech Support) Business
- Why Is PCI Compliance Important for Every Merchant?
- Learn More About Adult Magazine Business: Merchant Stronghold
- Top Resources for Payment Processing in 2022
- How to Accept Credit Card Payments: A Short Tour for 2022
SIMPLE STEPS OF BEHAVIORAL ANALYSIS TO DETECT FRAUD:
- Gather lots of information to form a template of the user’s behavior and get prepared for the customer’s responsibility. Also, make sure to train the team against such frauds.
- Set a rate or a threshold according to your customer’s response translating from normal to fraudulent. This is generally in percentages that a transaction is fraudulent (for example, 90%)
- When a user is encountered, the probability of the transaction being fraudulent is calculated based on the behavior. If the percentage is above the threshold (90% in the example), the user is blocked from the transaction.
However, fraudsters have found many ways around security and can even mimic every aspect of a transaction. A merchant should be always ready for the worst.
For more information, get an expert at Merchant Stronghold at the toll-free number +1 (727) 330-3944. We also provide Merchant Account and Payment Gateway.