E-Commerce Website Compliance Requirements – If you are a merchant and own a website that sells the goods and services then you have an E-Commerce business. An E-Commerce business starts and flourishes with the help of a website. This means if you wish to take your business online then you need to first create a website and optimize it according to your requirements.
You must then understand that E-commerce websites are not like any other websites. They need to created, designed, and optimized according to the market demand. If you are a merchant and need guidance with the basic E-Commerce website requirements then this article will provide you with all those details. Furthermore, get in touch with Merchant Stronghold for further information.
Mandatory E-Commerce Website Requirements
When selling your goods and services using a website, you need to follow some rules of the E-Commerce business. Otherwise, you will be barred from continuing any business online.
Some of the mandatory website requirements for E-Commerce are listed here.
Transparent Terms and Conditions
Providing all the details related to your business is important not only for the customers but also for the business. A customer or any user can report the website if you are not providing the terms and conditions properly.
- It helps the customer to understand your business codes or rules.
- The language used should be clear and easy to understand.
- You should also add a section ensuring the privacy of the customer and that their data will remain secured & private.
- This should also include the return and refund policy in simple language.
- Other than that, add a detailed description of issues that a user can face and how to act in case of an issue.
- After that, you can add any other additional information that you want your customers to know about.
Details Related to the Delivery and Shipping
This is one of the most important E-Commerce Website Requirements. If you offer goods that need to be delivered to the customer then you must add the details related to the delivery and shipping.
- This should include approximate delivery time for urban and remote areas.
- Also, a section including what to do if the shipment is not received.
- How your services can help a customer if ther is any issue with the shipment?
You can also add additional details depending on the website compliance requirements that you feel like mentioning to the website.
Email us anytime!
Email customer service 24/7
Call us anytime!
Reach customer care 24/7 at +1 (888) 622 – 6875
Add a “How to Make Purchase Section”
Most E-Commerce websites add a detailed section where a customer can reach out and get details related to the procedure to make a purchase. This means, your e-commerce website should include the “how to make purchase section” too.
Here are the details that you can add to it:
- Firstly, give a complete description of making an account or signing up with your website.
- Also, provide a section telling the importance of the account creation.
- Along with that, how to add personal details such as name, contact number and email address. Also, ensure that all these information will remain secure.
- Finally, provide a complete guide to make payment using various methods such as Cash On Delivery, Credit Card, Debit Card, Internet Banking, and wallets. You can also add details related to the payment gateway that you are using.
If you want then you can hire an expert to get details related to the website compliance requirement for the merchant.
Offer Reliable Customer Support Details
Finally, and most importantly, you need to avail a support service so that when a customer faces an issue with payment or delivery, he/she can contact you instead of the bank to file a chargeback.
- Offer a 24/7 toll-free number for customer support.
- If your business is not sufficient for that then you can offer chat and email support.
- But in case of chat and email support, try to minimize the response time.
- Update your customer regarding their purchase using communication methods such as the mobile number, email address or both.
- Other than that add physical communication details.
- Brand and company name should be clear on each page of the website.
- Offer a clear product description, which should be easy to understand.
For more such tips and recommendations contact Merchant Stronghold. Feel free to try our 24/7 available toll-free number +1 (888) 622 – 6875 or the email support. We specialize in providing assistance to high-risk merchants and credit card management.