Your business can be taken advantage of with unnecessary costs from your credit card processor. The aim of this article is to understand how the merchant take advantage of merchants, adding extra and unnecessary charges. When you are shopping for merchant accounts, the fees are probably one of the most important deciding factors. The problem with these fees comes when they’re not disclosed and you’re not expecting them. Therefore, it is wise to gain an understanding of the various fees often charged by credit card companies. The following are some of the most common fees:
- Hidden Transaction Fees: In virtual cases, you can expect to pay 10-20% whenever your customer swipes a card; even if the transaction is not accepted. If the customer keys in the numbers, you’ll be paying anywhere from 25 to 30% per transaction.
- Payment Gateway Fees: Apart from the fee that a merchant has to pay for using a payment gateway, make sure you understand that the provider might charge for every transaction.
- Monthly Minimum Fees: If you do not reach this minimum, you will be required to cover the difference.
- Annual Fee: This is paid once a year. The company charges you this fee to administer your Fees: These fees only occur when a customer contacts the bank to dispute a charge. and Retrieval
- Termination or Cancellation Fees: This only happens if you breach or terminate your contract. If possible, choose a credit card processing company that does not charge termination fees, as variable ones can turn out to be extremely costly. However, not every provider charges this fee.
- Statement Fees: This fee is for a monthly paper statement. However, it is not taken generally.
- Fees for Half-Qualified and Non-Qualified Cards: This is by far the most unknown fee to many merchants; credit cards fall into different tiers and you pay higher fees for some than the others. Rewards cards, for example, often fall into the half or unqualified categories and generate higher fees to the merchant.
Email us anytime!
Email customer service 24/7
Call us anytime!
Reach customer care 24/7 at +1 (727) 330-3944
Ultimately, the key to a successful merchant processing company that is transparent about all the fees they charge.
- How to Avoid TMF or Match Lists?
- Online Fraud Prevention And Analysis
- Payment Gateway Rivals
- Confused Between Merchant Account and Payment Gateway?
- Merchant Account Approval for CBD Businesses
If you have a similar question or more, get an expert at Merchant Stronghold at the toll-free number +1 (727) 330-3944. We also provide credit card processing solutions and high-risk merchant account services.